Powder Room Interactive Media (“Powder Room Interactive Media“) is a Melbourne Based Digital Vending and ‘Point Of Sale’ Media Company specialising in interactive retail services. Powder Room Interactive Media also operates a website under the domain name http://pri-media.com.au (“Website“).
We recognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of my customers and other individuals we deal with.
Why is personal information collected by Powder Room Interactive Media?
Powder Room Interactive Media collects personal information:
- about individuals who engage us to provide them with services (or who enquire about our services); and
- about other individuals, where such personal information is relevant to the services we am providing to one of my customers.
How is personal information collected by Powder Room Interactive Media?
Powder Room Interactive Media primarily collects personal information:
- from an individual directly when details are provided to us in emails, forms, face-to-face meetings, interviews, business cards and telephone conversations;
- from third parties where such information is relevant to the services we are providing to the customer, for example, when:
- a customer provides us with personal information about another person; or
- organisations provide us with information applicable to the delivery of my services.
We will take reasonable steps to notify individuals about my collection of their personal information, and will provide all relevant information prescribed under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will destroy or de-identify any personal information we receive if we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect that information under the Privacy Act.
What kinds of personal information are collected by Powder Room Interactive Media?
The personal information we may collect about individuals includes:
- general contact information such as address, telephone, fax and email; and
- any other details relevant to the services we have been engaged to provide to one of my customers – depending on the matter, this may include details about a range of other relevant personal information. In some cases, we may also collect “sensitive information”, such as an individual’s financial information.
How is personal information used by Powder Room Interactive Media?
How is personal information disclosed by Powder Room Interactive Media?
We may disclose personal information:
- about a customer in any manner incidental to my provision of services to the customer;
- to entities who assist us in providing my services (including hosting and data storage providers); and
- to the purchaser of all or part of my business operations, if my customer database forms part of the sale.
Powder Room Interactive Media will not otherwise use or disclose any information about individuals without their consent, except as otherwise required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We do not disclose personal information to any recipients located outside Australia except with consent or as required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
Does Powder Room Interactive Media use personal information for direct marketing communications?
If your personal information was collected for the purposes of providing you services (or to respond to an enquiry about our services), we may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with newsletters and updates that you may be interested in.
We will comply with my obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in relation to such direct marketing communications.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
How does Powder Room Interactive Media store personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We require my employees and contractors to protect the confidentiality of the personal information I hold.
Where we no longer require your personal information I will take reasonable steps to destroy it. However, note that we are generally required to keep records relating to the we provide for a period of at least 7 years.
How can I access, change or delete Powder Room Interactive Media’s records of my personal information?
You may request access to my records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below. we will generally make your information available to you within 14 days of receiving your request. However, we may require you to pay a reasonable charge for access. We also reserve the right to refuse access to in certain circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
Powder Room Interactive Media will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Powder Room Interactive Media using the details set out below to request an amendment to your record. Where it is established that personal information I hold about you is not accurate, or up-to-date, we will take all steps necessary to amend it.
Changes to the Powder Room Interactive Media Policy
How can I make a query or complaint about privacy?
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- telephone us on 0422 810 080.
Powder Room Interactive Media takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and instigate internal procedures to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.